Two weeks ago, I thought it would be a stellar idea to make an 8:50 appointment with the doctor. At 6:30 this morning, when my alarm started ringing, it seemed like a far less stellar idea, especially since one of the perks of grad school is that you can stay awake until 1 AM, sleep until 9 AM, and still be considered to have a productive work schedule. And because it's a Monday, we have birth class this evening, so I can't even console myself by pretending that maybe I'll go to bed at a decent hour tonight. The solution, of course, was to tell myself that I'd be super-duper-productive at work so that I could finish everything I needed to do in 3 or 4 hours instead of the usual 5 or 6, and then go home for a nap.
Towards that end, I came in, looked at my to-do list, and got to work immediately. I did not check email. I did not do "just one" sudoku. I worked on my thesis. And lo and behold, I am now officially done writing it! Granted, there are still some tweaks and I'm sure my advisor will have (lots of) edits, but oh-my-gracious! It's fully written! *Insert fireworks here*
This couldn't have come at a better time, because it is doing a lot to calm the slight panic that began when the doctor told me this morning that I should continue to watch out for pre-term labor for the next two weeks, but after that, it'll be fine for The Bug to be born. Um...excuse me? Two weeks? Hahahahahaha--no. Babies might be unpredictable, but thesis defenses? Yeah, those are predictable. And mine is predictably scheduled for the end of April, so this kid had better plan on staying put for AT LEAST another month. (Hear that, Bug? STAY. PUT.)
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just wondering if you stayed put. Just curious.
Post a Comment