I got to meet with my advisor today to talk about my thesis, and as the weeks go on, I'm feeling increasingly anxious about this thesis thing. Under normal circumstances, I would just say "Well, if I can't finish this semester, I'll just do it early next semester." Now that next semester isn't really an option, unless my committee members are willing to let me defend with my baby in a sling, I'm very aware of exactly how long I have until I have to defend this thing.
So I brought up this topic with my advisor, who let me know that she is available until May 14th. When I pointed out that I was due on May 12th, she proceeded to tell me about the woman she knew who had defended her dissertation on her due date, and then given birth the next day. Yes, because the possibility of going into labor while defending my thesis is EXACTLY what I want to be worrying about.
No comments:
Post a Comment