Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thank You, Delusional Stranger

I went to an Italian place for lunch today because even though tomato sauce gives me icky heartburn, I saw a picture of chicken parmigiana and of course, I couldn't get that out of my mind. The man who took my order asked me how far along I was and I replied that I was 7 and a half months, and his response was, "Wow! You look great! I would've guessed 3 or 4 months, tops!"

Can I just say that if we hadn't been separated by a 2-foot-wide counter, I might very well have leaned over and kissed that man? As it was, I gave him a $2 tip on a $5 meal because yes, I am THAT easy to please. Granted, this man probably has never had any real interaction with a pregnant woman before because 3 or 4 months? Ha! And it isn't that I wish I looked less pregnant than I do, but after listening to people like the UPS man and my co-workers and strangers on the elevator tell me how very large I am, this was a refreshing change of pace.

No comments: