It's the first day of spring, and in honor of that fact, I managed to lock my keys in my car this afternoon. This used to be a common predicament for me back when I had the Corolla because the locks were manual. The Matrix has power locks, which means that I have to have the keys with me to lock the car, which makes it much harder to lock them in. Somehow, I managed.
The last time I found myself in this situation was at about 9 PM on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, 4 and a half years ago. And I remember this because when I realized what had happened, I went straight into UTTER PANIC because thanks to it being a holiday week, I knew all of 3 people who were still in town and I didn't know any of their phone numbers off the top of my head. My phone, along with my keys, were locked inside the car, and all the people I did know lived all the way across town. Oh, and it was sleeting. Luckily, I was just down the street from a Very Helpful Mechanic Shop, which employed a Very Helpful Mechanic, who came out after the shop closed and helped me break into my own car. Needless to say, I remained a faithful customer of said Very Helpful Mechanic Shop until I left that town.
This time, there was far less drama, but the same sense of utter panic settled over me when I realized that I was on the outside of my car and my keys were still happily on the inside. The thought of walking all the way to the apartment office and back was far from pleasant, especially since I made the foolish decision to try to wear "pretty shoes" (aka: not flip-flops) to work this morning. Luckily for me, I found a pair of spare car keys rolling around the bottom of my purse...a pair of spare car keys, I might add, that I DID NOT EVEN KNOW I OWNED. So all said and done, it was a very happy first day of spring for me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment