Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snippets

Ok, bullet post time. I've been saving up snippets of oddness all week in preparation for today.

  • On Monday, I got a phone call from a call center in Utah informing me that the warranty on my car was about to end. A couple of hours later, a call center in Montana informed me of the same thing. And about 30 minutes after that, someone called from Alabama to remind me again. Who knew Toyota was (a) so conscientious and (b) had so many damn call centers!
  • On Tuesday, I was walking through the parking lot to my car, when I saw a man wearing a fluorescent yellow vest that was emblazoned with the words "Parking Services." Not so weird, right? Right. Until you consider the fact that he was RIDING A HORSE. The only explanation I can think of is that maybe the University has decided that horses are somehow more cost-efficient than the standard issue white pickup trucks that they used to drive.
  • On Wednesday, I found a spider living in my desk drawer. Generally speaking, I am not a fan of spiders and would prefer that they leave me alone. The one in my drawer, however, was oddly endearing, so I have decided to let him stay. After all, it might be fun to have a pet at work. Today, my "pet" was quietly eating another insect when I got to work, which has made me like him even more. Although really, I don't understand why there are so many insects in my office to begin with...

No comments: