Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bring on the Limes

You know the nice part about my job? I work for a woman who has three different offices. Which means the chances that on any given day, she'll be in the office that's close to mine? Pretty damn low. Which is super-duper-fantastic, considering I'm trying to avoid telling her that I've accomplished a grand total of NOTHING over the past several months.

The not-so-nice part of my job? The building is currently under construction (or very possibly demolition). And although we haven't been kicked out of our offices, we ARE subjected to dust and noise and stinky paint. All of which was not great, but could be endured. Until today, when they began jackhammering the floor in the room directly above mine. And let me tell ya, it came as quite the shock because I didn't even know there WAS a room above mine, so my first thought was that the building had been hit by a meteor. And as pleased as I was that the world was not, in fact, coming to a loud and painful end, the fact remains that I still have pieces of the ceiling IN MY HAIR. And the cover fell off my fluorescent light, as a result of which my office is now brighter than the sun.

Between the ridiculous, never-ending construction and the fact that I worked for a solid 4 hours today and accomplished more on my thesis proposal than I have since April, I believe I deserve an 8-day weekend and a case of Corona.

No comments: