Thursday, July 3, 2008

Well, If You REALLY Want Fashion Advice...

I hate holiday shirts. Ok, hate may be too strong a word. Let's rephrase that. Holiday shirts make me want to do like Oedipus and poke needles into my eyes, just so I no longer have to look at them...Better? And it's entirely possible that the 4th of July ones are THE WORST. Or maybe second worst, because the Thanksgiving ones are pretty awful too. I mean, come on. Is there really no better way to show your patriotism than by dressing like the flag? Seriously? Couldn't you just walk around singing Yankee Doodle and passing out apple pie instead? Because I, for one, would greatly enjoy that.

And I can even understand holiday shirts if you're in certain professions. Teachers, for example, who want to use their wardrobe as a visual aid. Pediatric Nurses who want to distract crying children. Day care workers who...also want to...distract crying children. I can see why these people would like the bright colors and the whimsical patterns. But if you're, say, a brain surgeon? Or the dean of a college? Maybe wearing a flag vest and a straw hat that says "Born and Bred American" isn't the best way to command respect. Just a thought.

No comments: