McMoose and I just spent the past two days packing, moving, and unpacking simultaneously. Why, you ask? Because apparently, stores have realized that giving away their old cardboard boxes is completely unprofitable, so instead they now sell boxes. For $2.50. Each. As a result of which we decided that 12 boxes would be more than enough to move two people, one dog, and two cats. Turns out we were wrong, so basically, we moved a set of boxes to the new place, unpacked, went back to the old place, and re-packed. So each trip took approximately 2 hours. And I've decided that I'M NEVER MOVING AGAIN.
But the new place? It is big. And bright. And there are walk in closets. And a pantry. And a storage closet...no, a STORAGE ROOM. I could live in that storage room. And best of all? IT HAS A BALCONY. Not just a little sun room that can never be used by human beings because it vacillates between being 150 degrees in the summer and -150 degrees in the winter. Oh, no. This is an actual balcony. We can GO OUTSIDE. Imagine that.
I'm loving this place. With one, small, little exception: the half-dead cockroach I found sitting in the middle of the living room floor this morning. I take comfort in the half-dead part, but the part where there was a cockroach in my living room? That's the part that makes my eyes hurt and makes me rethink my statement about never moving again. So for future reference: when there's a clause in the lease that says that an exterminator will be available once a week if you so desire? NOT A GOOD SIGN.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment