Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's Going Swimmingly

When we were looking for new apartments a few months ago, one of the things I especially looked for was new appliances in the kitchen. And by "new," I mean "manufactured within the past two decades." Obviously, I felt that the appliances at our new apartment complex passed the test. Turns out, I was wrong. Granted the dishwasher at our old place was loud and not so pretty and didn't do a particularly spectacular job, so we had to essentially wash all of our dishes by hand and then run them through the dishwasher so that McMoose could feel that they were effectively "sanitized." And that was a pain. A big pain.

The new dishwasher is quieter and newer and it seems more effective. But also, it leaks. A lot. Luckily for me, I was not the one to discover the leak. Unluckily for McMoose, he was. The first time he stepped in a puddle, he blamed me. The second time, he blamed the dog. The third time, he opened the dishwasher and lo! And! Behold! The drainage pipe must be backed up because the water just pools in the bottom and then spills out of the door instead of going sensibly down the pipes.

So yesterday, I went to talk to the apartment people and ask them to kindly come fix the darn thing. They informed me that the wading pool in my kitchen does not constitute an emergency, but that they would be happy to fix it when they get to it. Translation: 1 week, minimum.

No comments: