I just handed in my thesis proposal to my advisor, not so much because I'm feeling confident about it, but rather because I've been looking at the damn thing for the past five months now and I'm ready to give it away. I know, I KNOW she's going to give it back with about 85% of it crossed out or altered. Know why? Because it SUCKS. Know why? Because at some point between applying to grad school and today, all of my motivation to do Big Things with my life has pretty much drained out of my ear. Given the choice, I'd gladly be a goatherd for the next fifty years. Good exercise, lots of time to think, cute baby goats to play with--not too many ways to go wrong.
But the fact remains that I've submitted my proposal. Apparently, this is a cause to celebrate. As such, I'll be indulging myself this afternoon with a bowl of chickpeas and a Brand! New! Jar of jalapenos! And then? I'll launch straight into my mid-quarter life crisis because now that my idea of a celebration involves a bowl of chickpeas, my life is probably not worth living anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment