We're moving in 6 days (whoo!). Actually, as McMoose was quick to point out, we're starting to move in 6 days. For 12 days, we'll be going back and forth between two apartments in an attempt to make this move less stressful than the last, when our two leases overlapped by exactly two days.
So we've spent a lot of time packing this weekend, and it occurs to me yet again that McMoose and I? We have completely different styles of doing, oh, EVERYTHING. When I say that I'm packing, for example, I mean that I'm putting things INTO boxes. Quickly. I just packed four boxes in 15 minutes. When McMoose says he's packing, he means that first, he's taking things OUT of boxes. Slowly. And then, he's sorting papers into piles. Then, he's burning some of the piles. Then, he's moving things from one room to another. And then, finally, FINALLY, he starts putting things into boxes. All in all, a very long and arduous process. Oh, and also? One that drives me CRAZY.
But here's the thing: I do things. He does things well. My boxes fall apart. His don't. My power cords are all tangled up and it will take approximately two months in the new place to untangle them. His are rolled into little balls and probably color coded. Half of my clothes are not folded, but rather smushed up and stuffed into suitcases. His clothes are organized by purpose. If this were a children's fairy tale, I'd be the hare, he'd be the tortoise, and I might win the race, but he'd be the one enjoying the scenery with trail mix and a soda.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment