Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Inspection, Take Two

I was woken up this morning by the maintenance man POUNDING on the door so that he could do a pre-move out inspection. Not pleasant. So in my still-half-asleep haze, I grabbed a robe, put Yellow Cat in a cage, put Black Cat in the closet (I'm not really sure why), and let the guy in. And this inspection took all of, oh, three minutes, as he walked through all the rooms in the apartment (including the bathroom where McMoose was trying to take a shower...MUAHAHA), commented on my choice of paint colors, talked to the Dog, and then left. And I went back to bed because by that point, I had decided that today would be a "working from home" kind of day.

90 minutes later, I was woken up by the maintenance man POUNDING on the door so he could do a pre-move out inspection. Ok. So. Did you just have a sense of deja vu there? BECAUSE I SURE DID. Turns out it was a different maintenance man, and that he had no idea that his co-worker had already done the inspection. He was deeply apologetic as he stood in my living room FOR TEN MINUTES waiting for the first guy to radio him back and confirm my claims that the apartment had already been done. Because apparently, I look like the kind of person who would lie about something like that.

So how come when I need them to fix a leak in my shower, it takes a week and a half before I can get even ONE maintenance man to come by, and yet when they need to do an inspection, TWO of them show up within a two hour period? Huh? HUUUUHHHH????

No comments: